- Product Features
- Product Description
- Our Review
- Video Review
- Customer Reviews
- Dual stainless steel boilers and dual Italian pumps for simultaneous espresso extraction and steaming
- Over-Pressure Valve (OPV) limits extraction pressure
- Electronic PID temperature control for precise water temperature, plus actively heated group head and heat exchanger (HX) to maintain thermal stability
- Backlit LCD displays brew temperature, shot clock or time. Assists with programming shot temperature and volume, pre-infusion duration and power, and auto-start time
- Drop-down swivel foot lowers a wheel that lifts the machine upwards for convenient access to the water tank (both rear and top-fill)
Why the Breville Dual Boiler espresso machine?
Perfection requires precision. Every time. How do you keep precise temperature and pressure from the tank to the espresso cup? The Breville Dual Boiler’s dedicated boilers for simultaneous milk texturing and espresso extraction ensures that your espresso arrives in its cup with the optimum flavor.
Commercial performance in a domestic footprint
A domestic machine with numerous professional features, it regulates temperature to within one degree Celsius of the optimal temperature, giving budding baristas the precision and control they need to perfect their technique. Actively heated group head, PID temperature control, over-pressure valve and low pressure pre-infusion maintain optimum temperature and pressure throughout extraction.
Espresso yourself: tools for precise personalizing and perfecting
Ultimately there is only one standard by which espresso should be measured: taste. And espresso taste is notorious for being a matter of preference. The Breville Dual Boiler gives you the tools to customize your espresso to your personal specifications, with the ability to program shot temperature with precise PID temperature regulation technology, shot volume (1 and 2 cup), and pre-infusion duration and power. You can also program it to auto start, so it will be warmed up and ready to go in the morning.
|Extraction pressure and low pressure pre-infusion||Temperature||Simultaneous steam|
Limiting the maximum pressure throughout extraction produces a balanced espresso with an aromatic crema: too little pressure during extraction leads to espresso that is thin and under-developed, but too much pressure during extraction can lead to bitter flavors. The Breville Dual Boiler has low-pressure infusion with programmable pressure and duration, a feature seen in high-grade commercial espresso machines but not in domestic thermoblock systems.
Maximum extraction pressure is achieved with an Over-Pressure Valve (OPV) for optimal espresso flavor.
Low pressure pre-infusion gradually increases water pressure at the start of the extraction to gently expand grinds for an even extraction (power & duration is user programmable).
Precise and stable water temperature is required for optimum espresso flavor. Water temperature that is too low can lead to espresso which is sour, too high can lead to ashy or bitter flavors.
The dedicated stainless steel espresso boiler with electronic PID control technology delivers precise water temperature with variation of only one degree Celsius, based on tests conducted by Breville (2011).
The actively heated group head maintains thermal stability throughout extraction, controlled by PID technology.
The stainless steel heat exchanger delivers pre-heated water to the espresso boiler via the steam boiler, aiding thermal stability for optimal extraction temperature.
If combining the textured milk and espresso is delayed, the crema may dissipate or lose its flavor. The ability to texture milk whilst extracting espresso, which allows you to immediately combine the two, ensures that the delicate aromatics of the crema are captured. This produces a creamier texture with more complex flavors.
The dedicated stainless steel steam boiler delivers steam on demand, allowing you to texture for one cup or continuously for multiple cups
- Dual stainless steel boilers: dedicated boilers and two pumps for simultaneous milk texturing and espresso extraction at the optimum temperature and pressure.
- Dedicated 32 fl. oz. (950ml) steam boiler
- Dedicated 10 fl. oz. (300ml) espresso boiler
- Programmable functions: adjust the shot temperature, shot volume, pre-infusion duration and power, auto start time and audio volume
- Programmable extraction temperature with PID technology: electronic temperature control delivers precise water temperatures of 190-205 degrees Fahrenheit (89-96 degrees Celsius) for different roasts and origins
- Programmable pre-infusion: alter duration and power to fine tune flavor profiles
- Auto start: preheats the machine at a programmed time
- Audio alerts: select from high, low, or no volume
- 58mm tamper
- Backlit LCD: displays shot temperature, shot clock, or time
- Espresso shot clock: a guide to extraction consistency that displays the duration of the espresso shot being extracted
- Regulated extraction pressure: over-pressure valve (OPV) limits the maximum pressure throughout extraction to optimum levels
- Low pressure pre-infusion: gradually increases water pressure to gently expand grinds for an even extraction. User programmable
- Drop down swivel foot: lowers a wheel for easy maneuverability
- Programmable volumetric control: preset, manual over-ride or reprogrammable shot volumes
- Pressure gauge: monitors extraction pressure
- Instant hot water: dedicated hot water outlet for Americanos and pre-heating cups
- Actively heated group head: commercial 58mm group head with embedded element maintains thermal stability throughout extraction
- Commercial 360 degree swivel action steam wand: with 3 hole tip for a silkier texture
- 84 fluid oz. (2.5L) removable water tank: top-fill or rear-fill with rear integrated water filter and water level indicator
- Included accessories: single wall filter baskets (1 and 2 cup), dual wall filter baskets (1 and 2 cup), integrated tamper, stainless steel frothing jug, cleaning disc and tablets, cleaning tool and allen key, water filter holder and water filters (1 year supply)
About the Product
Its design is beautiful and it’ll look great on your counter. All its tanks are inside the device, so it is very compact even if it is not small. Still, it will fit great in your kitchen. As it is quite heavy, it might be a real chore to move it.
This machine is made of stainless steel, so it will last a long time. With this machine you can make perfect espressos. You can even make two shots at the same time. Of course you can make some other beverages as well. You can make black coffee, cappuccino, latte, tea and more. It makes beverages for every taste. So definately all your family and friends can use it. everyone will find a drink they love.
This device has an automatic temperature controller, so it’ll make great coffee every time. Another great feature is the timer that turns the machine on. With that you can save time in the mornings before work. Your coffee will be ready when you step into your kitchen. Not many coffee makers have this function.
This machine is also a frother and has a froth jug included. With that you can make a delicious frothy foam on your cup.
Also cleaning this machine is very easy. Some parts are easy removable and dishwasher safe. Also the machine will tell you when it needs cleaning. But you should clean the milk tank tubes after every use. Milk clogs tubes quite fast. Also old milk leftovers in milk tubes isn’t very good.
Pros and Cons
- Made of stainless steel.
- Automatic temperature control.
- Can make two cups at the same time.
- Different beverage possibilities.
- Frothing system.
- Easy to leave fingerprints on device.
- Taller cups might not fit.
The Final Verdict:
Overall, using this machine is quite straightforward. Even if it’s your first coffee machine. It might take you some time, while you master all it’s programming functions, but all the basic stuff is very simple.